Sunday, April 1, 2018

To Tell you more

 So you guys know that my short film is very experimental meaning that each shot isn’t necessarily the way that an actual short film of the fight because I’m trying to question tomorrow. I am trying to question why is that different people do different things through one single character. A voiceover is a huge aspect of telling a story.

Narration helps to create a tone within a movie that allows audience members to  synchronize within their own aspect how they interpret the movie that you watching.

I’m trying to get away from actual dialogue on screen and rather putting that dialogue inside of my main characters rain as she is the one near rating her whole experience without actually saying it physical word on screen. Meaning, her mouth is never going to music in the short film.

 This is definitely something out of my comfort zone because I usually tend to go for more easier things that allow me to create something things that are simple.

 This is the first time where I’m taking a step out of my bubble and entering a world and where I can do anything with the help of my faith.

As I was trying to figure out how I’m going to portray this character the best way possible I tried to listen to some examples of how to narration  plays a crucial role within a film .

Take Matitlda (1996)
as an example.

Within the beginning of the movie , a narrator begins to tell Matilda’s story creating a since of comfort within the audience .

This is what I strive to achieve within my short film .



No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

HERE IS MY CCR! AND AS THE SOUND OF MUSIC ONCE SANG , "SO LONG , FAIR WELL"!